June 15 Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening 17
points, or 0.3 percent, on Wednesday, according to monetary bookmakers. For
more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click
* The UK blue chip index shut down 2 percent at 5,923.53 points on
Tuesday, after surveys revealed the advocate Britain to leave the European Union
had actually expanded its lead before next week’s vote.
* BREXIT: British finance minister George Osborne, battling to keep the
country in the EU, warned voters that he will take new austerity steps if
they decide to leave the bloc in next week’s referendum.
* RESTAURANT GROUP: Barry Nightingale, ex-finance head at airline company Emperor
, is to be called on Wednesday as financing director of Dining establishment Group
Plc, the owner of Mexican food cycle Chiquito that is attempting to work
its method back after multiple revenue warnings, Sky News reported, without naming
sources. (bit.ly/ 21l9YcV).
* RETAIL: Retail tycoon Philip Green deals with hard questions on Wednesday from.
British lawmakers when they intend to get to the bottom of why he sold department.
store chain BHS to Dominic Chappell, a serial bankrupt without any retail.
* HOME: Half of Chinese investors are holding back from buying building.
in Britain up until after the country’s referendum on EU subscription, a study.
revealed on Wednesday, though a quarter state they are more eager to finish.
purchases prior to the vote.
* UK BUSINESS DIARY:.
Berkeley Group Complete Year 2015 Berkeley Group.
Holdings PLC Holdings PLC Revenues Release.
Oxford Instruments Complete Year 2015 Oxford Instruments.
PLC PLC Earnings Release.
TODAY’S UK PAPERS.
> > Financial Times.
> > Other business headlines.
Multimedia variations of Reuters Top News are now readily available for:.
* 3000 Xtra: go to topnews.session.rservices.com.
* BridgeStation: view story.134.
For more information on Top News check out.
( Reporting by Esha Vaish in Bengaluru; Editing by Sunil Nair).