Shares in Asia down as worries grow over Brexit, stronger yen

© Reuters. Asian shares weaker on Brexit concerns

Investing.com – Asian shares turned weaker on Tuesday as caution ruled ahead of tomorrow’s Fed decision on rate of interest and growing issue over a more powerful yen stimulated by possibilities of the U.K. leaving from the European Union.
The 224 dropped 1.25%. The was down a small 0.02% heading into the lunch break, while the fell 1.99% after returning from a vacation break.
Financiers continued to closely monitor Brexit surveys in the U.K. after a YouGov poll showed that the “Leave,” project surpassed the “Stay” project in the most recent survey, reversing a slim lead from a poll recently.
It followed another study taken by research company ORB found that 55% of British voters support leaving the European Union, while 45% are in favor of staying in the European bloc.
The yuan was barely changed against the dollar Tuesday morning despite the fact that individuals’s Bank of China a little enhanced the repairing at 6.5791 compared to Monday’s midpoint of 6.5805.
Overnight, U.S. stocks fell somewhat on Monday, extending losses from late recently, as domestic crude futures remained under $50 a barrel and Microsoft (NASDAQ: NASDAQ:-RRB- weighed on the following its $26 billion acquisition of LinkedIn (NYSE: NYSE:-RRB-.
The Dow fell 132.86 or 0.74% to 17,732.48, suffering its 3rd consecutive losing session since closing above 18,000 last Wednesday. The lost 46.11 or 0.94% to 4,848.44, while the Composite index dipped 17.01 or 0.81% to 2,079.06, both suffering their fourth straight decline.
On the S&P 500 all 10 sectors closed in the red. Stocks in the Basic Products, Innovation and Durable goods markets lagged, each falling by more than 1% on the session. In spite of the current losses, stocks on Wall Street still continue to be near 2016-yearly highs, up more than 10% from February-lows.
Disclaimer: Blend Media wish to remind you that the information contained in this site is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures) and Forex rates are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, therefore prices might not be accurate and might differ from the actual market value, implying rates are indicative and not suitable for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media does n`t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you may sustain as an outcome of utilizing this information. Blend Media or anyone involved with Blend Media will decline any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the details consisting of data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals consisted of within this site. Please be fully informed concerning the dangers and costs associated with trading the monetary markets, it is one of the riskiest investment kinds possible.

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *